Friday, May 17, 2013

Southern California Junior Bach Branch results

I am always very happy when my students enter Junior Bach. Exploring and enjoying Bach's music takes some getting used to; I am very happy especially, when I can open the heart and thoughts of young students to this music of the greatest master of composition of all. Bach's music is a realm in itself weaving the parallel lines like a choir singing.

Bach's music is incredibly beautiful and profound. Last year, I took the time to study the work of Masuro Emoto a Japanese water researcher. He photographed the most beautiful water crystals after playing Bach's music for the water! Since our bodies are 75% water, I feel there is a profound uplifting benefit to teaching, practicing and performing Bach's music expressing the utter serenity and beauty that lies in this music.

That said, this was our Studio entry in the Riverside SCJBF Branch recitals:

FirstLastCWAWork 1Mvts 1Work 2Mvts 2
AdamGhilarducciYInvention #5 in E Flat Major, BWV 776
SebastianGonzalesNInvention #1 in C Major, BWV 772
AnaisPerkinsYInvention #8 in F Major, BWV 779
Kathleen Nguyen PhanYPrelude & Fugue #11 in F Major, WTC I, BWV 856Prelude
Stacey NguyenPhanYPrelude & Fugue #23 in B Major, WTC I, BWV 868Prelude
NiranjanaPremananthanNInvention #10 in G Major, BWV 781
KellyRauschYInvention #3 in D Major, BWV 774
PatrickXuYPrelude & Fugue #8 in E Flat Minor, WTC I, BWV 853 Fugue

Everyone performed and performed beautifully. The auditions were held at RCC in Riverside on February 23, 2013.

Kathleen Nguyen Phan was awared an Honorable Mention.

Stacey Nguyen Phan, Niranjana Premananthan and Patrick Xu were selected Winners and invited to perform in the Regional Competition May 11, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment